Monday, May 4, 2015

Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly"


Though this is not music from Pro Era, I thought it would be important for me to share my thoughts on this album. "To Pimp A Butterfly"is one of the most well put together pieces I have heard in a very long time. As you all know, I am a huge hip hop fan and when I heard this album I was speechless. The reason I put my thoughts on Pro Era's blog is because not only did it inspire me, but it inspired and touched our very own Joey Bada$$. 

Joey has always looked up to Kendrick and looked at him for drive and inspiration that, when the album came out, Joey had some kind words. 
"Kendricks album is very inspiring. Definitely razed the bar.... Cold chills when I heard PAC voice on that Mortal Man"

In Lamar's last song of the album, "Mortal Man" he includes a rare interview of the late, Tupac Shakur. He sets it up to sound like it is an actual interview between the two of them. Seeking upon, racial tensions between minorities and the police force, the divide between the rich and the poor, and social and cultural issues. The whole album seems to be set on these exact topics which make it the reason the album is so brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment